[kdepim-users] Re: Akonadi + nfs home directories

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Mar 29 19:20:28 BST 2011

Am Dienstag, 29. März 2011 schrieb Lars Behrens:
> Hi everyone,
>
> as OpenSUSE will stop support for 11.2 we will have to upgrade to
> an actual version, which means I will have to deal with akonadi
> setup for our users.
>
> We have a workinggroup here with external home directories mounted
> to the clients via nfs, which is a problem with akonadi
> (libakonadi4-4.6.0-4.7.1 and akonadi-runtime-1.5.0-3.3.1 here).

huch, I never knew that there is a problem with akonadi and nfs. I use
nfs home drives since many years without major problems. Only akonadi
trouble I had was a problem that akonadi was shutdown after dbus (or
may be took to long to shutdown and was forced) and with the next
start this gave an error at the first akonadi start. Strange enough I
have it again with kde 4.6.1. (The error is there in kde 4.5.5, but
kmail starts anyway contrary to kde 4.6.1)

I use nfs4, centos 5 as server and fedora 14 as client.

Martin