[kdepim-users] Re: post -migration issues Kontact 4.6

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:27:30 BST 2011

On 30/06/2011 13:37, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Thursday 30 June 2011 12:29:22 O. Sinclair wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually I had already added a Tags resource and the folder tree
>>> magically appeared. After the last msg I tried to tag some msgs but for
>>> some reason the do not show up in the Tags folder tree. Maybe another
>>> "give it time" issue ;-)
>>
>> Abandoning Tags for now - played around with them and all I got was
>> crashes. They are shared between Kaddressbook and KMail - old tags (says
>> contacts tagged Business) does not seem to show up though but a new tag
>> added in Kaddressbook did. So will leave that for the time being and
>> focus on getting "prime business" working smooth. Which it does - for me
>
> I also "feel" a need for distinction between Contact tags and mail tags but as
> mail tags isn't working for me (yet) I can't really tell if it's good or bad.
> Generally it works great for me except for minor glitches (why has auto spell
> check stopped working?)

yes - in KMail I want to see "message tags", in KAddressbook "contact
tags" or how to label them. Not "contact tags" in KMail. I guess
"message tags" should be the only ones showing but it is not so.

auto spell check works for me, in both languages I have installed (use
different for different Identities).

Filters are erratic though - seems the handling order has changed or
something. Like I have some filters on specific senders to be filed in
certain folders and then other senders from same domain going to a
general "domainfolder". However now all senders from this domain seems
to end up in "domainfolder". Have to try and log the filters and see