[kdepim-users] Re: Kontact .: no smooth address book sync with Google.

Johann Rohwer jr at sun.ac.za
Thu Jun 23 12:13:36 BST 2011

It took me a while to figure this one out, but the Akonadi-Googledata-
Resource only syncs to the Gmail contacts under "Other Contacts". This
means that your contacts may not be in any contact groups (e.g. My
Contacts, Starred in Android, Unfiled), and syncing of contact groups
is NOT supported. The way to solve it is to remove all your contacts
from all the contact groups using the Gmail web interface. They will
then appear under "Other Contacts" and should sync all right with
kaddressbook. At least it works for me (also running Kubuntu natty).

HTH
Johann