[kdepim-users] Re: Kontact .: no smooth address book sync with Google.

Johann Rohwer jr at sun.ac.za
Thu Jun 23 14:56:26 BST 2011

On Thursday 23 June 2011, Bas G. Roufs M.A. wrote:

> Pls. briefly explain how to safely and efficiently remove the
> contacts from "my contacts" without  loosing them.

In the gmail web interface, Contacts view, click on My Contacts in the
left menu. Click the checkbox above the contacts list to select all.
Click on the  "Groups" checkbox next to it, this opens up a menu.
Uncheck all the contracts groups in there so that none of them are
checked, then click "Apply". This  should move the contacts to "Other
Contacts". Depending on how many contacts you have chosen to display
per page, you may have to repeat the process. The checkbox above the
contacts list only selets all contacts visible on the page, not all
contacts in your addressbook. I suggest to set this to the maximum
(250 contacts per page) by clicking on the wheel in the top right of
your gmail interface, clicking on "Mail settings" and then setting the
second option "Maximum page size" under the General tab.

Hope this is clear....
Johann