[kdepim-users] Re: Kmail does not execute filters

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sun Jun 26 21:45:35 BST 2011

Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2011, 13:48:00 schrieb Malte Gell:
> Hello,
>
> I use Kmail 4.4.11 with KDE 4.6.4 on openSUSE 11.4.
>
> I have created some filters that filter email after downloading them, so
> this is the usual way.
>
> But, these filters do not get executed. One thing is strange, when enabling
> the filter protocol, these filters do get executed correctly! Normally you
> do not have the filter protocol enabled, so the filters do no get
> executed... My filter rules are easy and correct.
>
> Is this a known bug? Should I try to upgrade to the new KDE PIM? What could
> be the reason my filters donĀ“t get executed?
>
> I have already tried to delete all filters and create them from scratch, to
> now avail.

I have now upgraded to KMail 2.1.0 under KDE 4.6.4 and have created a new test
filter. But it still does not apply. It is a simple filter than scans for
"filtertest" in the subject line and marks the message as important. When
sending such a testmessage, the filter does not apply. I have no clue why....

Malte