[kdepim-users] Re: Migration mixedmail resource fails [SOLVED]

Günter Lichtenberg lichten at arcor.de
Mon Jun 13 17:06:47 BST 2011

On Monday 13 Jun 2011 14:01:45 Kevin Krammer wrote:

Hi

> > I checked the messages from the failed migration, but a message with a
> > reference  'oldindex' did not appear, so the messages of migrator/kmail
> > are somewhat misleading. If you like me to dig further into that I
> > could try, although this could take a while since my time is rather
> > limited at the moment.
>
> Where was this folder located? Inside Mail/ or inside Mail/inbox?

It was an empty folder  in the Mail directory, not in inbox.

> > Other remarks (not complaining, just observing):
> > - After migration I had to go to the top Kmail folder and make a manual
> > 'Update folder and its subfolders' to see the mails (but maybe I did not
> > wait long enough, although it was a minute or so)
>
> The migration basically only maps the folder structure of the local mail
> storage into Akonadi in order to keep the migration process as short as
> possible.
> Theoretically clicking on any such folder in KMail should fetch the message
> headers of all messages in that folder, but there could be a bug somewhere.

As I said - I did not wait that long. Updating however took quite a while, but
I also have a lot of messages (>11100), so that was expected. Now after the
update, the messages show fast.

I noticed however that in the mailing list folders (maybe also elsewhere)
messages in watched threads are marked unread upon revisiting the folder -
even after I marked them read manually. But I will test this further and issue
a bug report (if there is not already one).

Cheers
gl