[kdepim-users] Re: Kmail2 Local Folders

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jul 10 19:44:23 BST 2011

On Sunday, 2011-07-10, Dominik Cermak wrote:
> Am Samstag, 9. Juli 2011, 11:38:18 schrieb Dominik Cermak:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In my "Local Folders" ("Lokale Ordner" in my case) I have the subfolders
> > "outbox" as well as "Postausgang" (german for outbox). As all other
> > folders are named in german, I want to use "Postausgang" as the outbox.
> >
> > Within Kmail I cannot change the name of "outbox" nor delete it, both is
> > possible with "Postausgang".
> >
> > Why are there these two Folders with the same purpose? Went something
> > wrong at the first start of Kmail (no migration here, never used
> > previous versions)?
>
> Today I set up Kontact on my notebook and everything is working, I have
> "Postausgang" but no "outbox", so something went wrong on my other box.
>
> I started Akonadi Console and there it is posible to delete it, so my
> question: is it save to do so or will something break?
>
> Both folders have the same properties exept Name, Identifier and Remote-
> identifier (outbox has Identifier 4 and Postausgang has Identifier 5). The
> important thing is that both have SpecialCollectionAttribute outbox.

If both have the special collections attribute marking them as outbox, it
should be save to delete one.
But better check first if the directory for the one you want to remain really
exists on disk as well, just to be save.

For Postausgang this will most likely be $HOME/.local/share/.local-
mail.directory/Postausgang and have three subdirectories (curr, new, tmp)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring