[kdepim-users] Re: KMail 2 filters and tags

Dave Griffiths dave.griffiths62 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 09:40:39 BST 2011

Dave Griffiths wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today though I set up a new message filter and set the filer to move the
> message to a folder and apply 2 of the tags I already had. This also
> appeared to work except the icons in the message header looked different
> from the manually tagged messages. Digging further into my tag list I
> discovered that I now had 2 new tags, with no name, added to the top of my
> tag list. Deleting these made the tags vanish from the message which I was
> then able to tag manually using my existing tags.
>
> My question. Can anyone else confirm this action.
> If it is a general fault then I will happily file a bug.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Dave

Following the above I continued to use my system. DigiKam is also set to use
nepomuk for tag storage. I did a resynchronise and all my digikam tags became
available in kmail. This produced duplicate tags with the same values as the
original message tags from kmail 4.4.11. I have now removed the original tags
and this seems to have resolved the issue for me. Tagging as part of a filter
rule now works as expected.

Maybe this will be of some use to someone else.

Regards
Dave