[kdepim-users] Migration issues

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 12:55:02 BST 2011

Hi,

For many months I have been trying to move over to Kmail2 with no success. I
have been following the suggestions via this and other groups but nothing has
helped me sadly. Migration does not pickup on the 20 + folders I have and I am
hit by this:

##
kmail2(8914) MailCommon::Kernel::emergencyExit: "KMail encountered a fatal
error and will terminate now.
The error was: You do not have read/write permission to your inbox folder."
##

There are many of these errors on many folders..

Closing all the error boxes Kmail2 will then start and again I get a
permission error. I can however leave the warning box open to look at the
folder structure but none of my folders are there.

The setup is just pop3 and is working fine for many years with Kmail (and
still is) but I do not understand the permission errors as they are all set
right, well actually I have never altered them.

I started Kmail2 from a shell and have the output ~22k and the migration logs
on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/5dbb7kv2

http://pastebin.com/X58qNdbQ

Each time I try a release I make sure I have removed the old migration and
Akonadi files/folders out of the way. These files/folders are in .config .kde
.local.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers

Colin