[kdepim-users] Re: post -migration issues Kontact 4.6

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:06:11 BST 2011

On Thursday 30 June 2011 20:07:00 O. Sinclair wrote:

> To again comment on my own input: filters do seem to work (not sure
> about Spam filters still). The "domain sender" problem above was caused
> by the account used (pop) sending all mail to the "domain folder". And a
> known bug in KMail2 is that filters only work on mail passing the Inbox.

I use GMail server side filtering as it is faster and you do not get any false
new mail notifications while the messages pass through the inbox. As for spam
GMail is also the best filter I have tried - and spam has reduced a lot the
last year. GMail catches only ~5 msgs a day and almost never any false
positives.
I just wish it would support Sieve so I could totally skip their annoying web
UI ;-)

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen