[kdepim-users] Re: KMail2 import, help needed

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jul 11 22:52:55 BST 2011

Hi Rafa,

On Monday, 2011-07-11, Rafa Griman wrote:
> Hi Kevin :)
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Monday, 2011-07-11, Rafa Griman wrote:
> >> Hi Kevin and list,
> >>
> >> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>

> >> After adding "KMail folders" backend handler (and waiting for a while
> >> with no activity whatsoever) ... I logged off, lit some candles,
> >> prayed, moved the mouse while looking at the moon, ... ;)  logged on
> >> again. But I still can't access my previous e-mail maildirs using the
> >> akonadi "KMail Folders" backend, I can't click on those folders.
> >
> > Very strange. There is a known bug that folders are not filled when
> > clicked so one has to explicitly reload them, but this is the first I
> > read that they cannot be clicked at all.
>
> I've tried reloading (I'm at work now so I don't remember the exact
> option): right click -> reload directory + sudirectories (it's the
> second option from the top) ... nothing happens.
>
> Either when I get back home (if it's not too late) or tomorrow
> afternoon, I can try it again and send some CLI messages when running
> from a konsole.

If that doesn't work either, you can also try running Akonadi console,
selecting the KMail folder resource and click the synchronize button.

> In any case, I still don't know where e-mails are imported too. My
> main concern is where are e-mails stored once they're imported?
> Importing "works", my only issue is where are my e-mails? So if
> someone can tell me where they're copied (imported too) ... I'd stop
> "pestering" ;)

Unfortunately I have no idea how the importer works. I might have time to
check the code but I am currently on a business trip so don't count on it.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring