[kdepim-users] Re: KMail2 import, help needed

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:05:01 BST 2011

Hi Kevin :)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Monday, 2011-07-11, Rafa Griman wrote:
>> Hi Kevin and list,
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> > Instead of the above two, you can add a special backend handler which
>> > operates on a KMail direcory tree similar to what KMail1 did.
>> > In KMail2's account management section, type is "KMail Folders".
>>
>> Tried that too, but KMail2 just lists the e-mail directories/folders.
>> I can't click on them: aka I can't access my previous KMail e-mails.
>> Yes, they're KMail maildir folders, no mbox ;)
>
> Hmm, what do you mean with "can't click on them"?
> Do they not get selected, does the selection jump elsewhere?

Sorry, you're right. The folders don't get selected, they're not
shaded in blue when you click on them. And on the column to the right
(number of e-mails column) ... there are no numbers. As if there were
no e-mails.

>> After adding "KMail folders" backend handler (and waiting for a while
>> with no activity whatsoever) ... I logged off, lit some candles,
>> prayed, moved the mouse while looking at the moon, ... ;)  logged on
>> again. But I still can't access my previous e-mail maildirs using the
>> akonadi "KMail Folders" backend, I can't click on those folders.
>
> Very strange. There is a known bug that folders are not filled when clicked so
> one has to explicitly reload them, but this is the first I read that they
> cannot be clicked at all.

I've tried reloading (I'm at work now so I don't remember the exact
option): right click -> reload directory + sudirectories (it's the
second option from the top) ... nothing happens.

Either when I get back home (if it's not too late) or tomorrow
afternoon, I can try it again and send some CLI messages when running
from a konsole.

In any case, I still don't know where e-mails are imported too. My
main concern is where are e-mails stored once they're imported?
Importing "works", my only issue is where are my e-mails? So if
someone can tell me where they're copied (imported too) ... I'd stop
"pestering" ;)

Thanks for the help !!!! :)

   Rafa