[kdepim-users] Kmail in KDEPIM 4.6 Beta3 won't access my inbox

gene gkodadek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:16:43 GMT 2011

Hi! I'm running KDEPIM 4.6 Beta3 in conjunction with KDE 4.6 RC2, and
I'm migrating an existing mail account from (I think) KDEPIM 4.4.9. When
I attempt open Kmail, either by itself or by opening Kontact, I get the
following error message:

Kmail encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
You do not have read/write permission to your inbox folder.

And in a separate dialog box:

Folder /home/gene/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox does not seem to be a
valid email folder

My user has appriate read/write permissions for the directory in
question, and I can't imagine why my ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox
would not be a valid mail directory. Can anybody shed some light on this
issue?

Gene