[kdepim-users] KDEPIM 3.5.4 - Preview pane blank most of the time

brock mtbis1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 15:28:27 GMT 2011

OS Centos Linux version 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5.centos.plus, (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)

KDEPIM version 3.5.4
KMAIL version 1.9.4
Kontact Container version 1.2.3

I downloaded kdepim 3.5.4 via Add/remove software, it installed ok and has been working fine for around 5 weeks.

Today, I came into work (the machine is left on) and now if select a message the lower preview pane remains blank, for most of the messages, I would say about 90% of them.

Some emails, (seems to be emails that have attachments, but NOT exclusively) display a folder list in the lower preview pane, under 'Description', clicking on the items, for example 'body part' does nothing at all.

Sending a new test email from Kmail to myself has the same issue.

The only way I can read the body of a message is to select the message under the 'Subject' column, ensure the correct folder is selected in the folder list on the left had pane and then select 'View Source'.

I have un-installed/re-installed KDEPIM, made no difference.

How can I fix this or troubleshoot it?

It worked fine until today