[kdepim-users] ical format on IMAP

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:10:02 GMT 2011

I have an issue with the Kontact suite that I was wondering if there is a solution to. I have connected to my work e-mail through IMAP, and use the nice functionality to access the Calendar folder in there in KOrganizer. However, KOrganizer seems to only be able to read/write entries in the Kolab format. Now this wouldn't be a problem as long as I only use Kontact, but I also use the web interface sometimes (which is this stupid MS Online mail thingy), and I also have set up the exchange account on my Maemo phone. Neither of those understands the Kolab format. That also means that the nice functionality where other people can see when I am busy/free information through the Exchange server does not work. And I don't see the autmatic entries that are set up by the system (e.g. when I have reported sic leave, work travel or similar..).

Is it possible to get KOrganizer to write ical format type instead somehow? Or perhaps include both?

I apologize if there is an answer to this another place already, but I couldn't find it.

Cheers
Yngve