[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Wed Jan 26 09:00:02 GMT 2011

2011-01-26 09:23:18 Ecaroh
> Hi Bas Roufs!
>
> At the moment there is no possibilty to sync a modern mobile phone
> without having a google account or something like funambol based
> services. There is - as far as searched for it, and i searched a lot! -
> no way to sync localy via WLAN, USB or Bluetooth.

That's a PITA, it seems there's just not enough manpower to push these
features.
Now I use my Droid for all pim, except mail (I only do emergency mail with the
phone), I miss having everything on my desktop but it's not too bad actually
and I always have the phone with me so access is not an issue.
Phones are now so good at pim that imho only corporates actually _need_ any
kind of synchronization with their employer-mandatory outlook/whatever.

--
The Fibonacci in Lateralus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY