[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Pascal Hasko Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:37:11 GMT 2011

Am Donnerstag 27 Januar 2011, 11:59:30 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 23:11, Pascal Hasko Bernhard
>
> <pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch 26 Januar 2011, 11:05:35 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> >> Hi Bas. After using KOrganizer and Kaddressbook for years I've
> >> recently abandoned them for Google's calendar and contacts. They are
> >> not perfect, but I can access them in any device. As I had abandoned
> >> Kmail for Thunderbird years ago I found a Thunderbird addon that opens
> >> two additional Thunderbird tabs: one for contacts and one for
> >> calendar. There is no integration between my Thunderbird contacts and
> >> my Google contacts, I actually want it that way!
> >
> > Hi Dotan!
> >
> > In fact there is a Thunderbird add-on that does exactly that. It's called
> > "Zindus" and works fine. You can even use it separately from your
> > mail-account settings when you don't fetch your Googlemail messages via
> > Thunderbird. It lets you configure which way to sync your contacts, it
> > can do it both ways and also how to settle synchronisation conflicts. I
> > believe it is even one of the recommended add-ons, Thunderbird suggests
> > to you when you go to Extras > Addons
>
> Thank you Pascal. I meant that I do not want my Tbird contacts mixed
> with my Google contacts. But the Zindus addon might be useful for
> those that do. In their interest, here is a link:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/zindus/
>

> Thanks.

I'm sorry Dotan,

I totally misunderstood you. And I can see why you do not want have your
contacts synchronized with Google. I use Zindus sometimes on another computer
where my Gmail account is the only account set up in Thunderbird, and as
Google already knows all the addresses of the people I communicate with over
my Gmail account, the synchronization doesn't make much difference to the
already compromised privacy.

Pascal

Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Straße 7