[kdepim-users] Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:09:49 GMT 2011

Hello everybody

At present, I am looking for a new "smartphone" up to max. €200. The
device must be able to:
* at least easily exchange data with Kubuntu 10.
* if possible, "synchronise" with the calandar/ agenda and contacts of
Kontact;
* share an internet connection (like a modem) with my laptop via
"thethering" - via USB, Bluetooth or Wifi;
* easily import and export contacts: in vCard and/or via Google/GMAIL.
Does anybody have experience with a smart phone that meets these demands?

One of the phones I am considering, is a "HTC Wildfire A3333", with an
Android OS. Specifications:
http://www.mobiles-world.com/mobile-phone/htc/htc-wildfire-a3333-2gb-unlocked-mobile-phone-black-brown
Does anybody have experience with this specific phone together with
Kubuntu and Kontact?

Respectfully yours,

Bas.