[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Damnshock damnshock at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:47:22 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 22:09:49 Bas Roufs wrote:
> At present, I am looking for a new "smartphone" up to max. €200. The
> device must be able to:
> * at least easily exchange data with Kubuntu 10.

That would work with any USB UMS (usb mass storage). Nokia or any Android device.

> * if possible, "synchronise" with the calandar/ agenda and contacts of
> Kontact;
> * share an internet connection (like a modem) with my laptop via
> "thethering" - via USB, Bluetooth or Wifi;

Most of Android devices will do as it comes within it from version 2.2. Nokia's phones usually work as well.
 My n900 works via USB, Bluetooth and wifi.

> * easily import and export contacts: in vCard and/or via Google/GMAIL.

Again, any Android phone will work. Many Nokias too.

> Does anybody have experience with a smart phone that meets these demands?

I've managed to sync my Nokia N900 calendar with korganizer through Google and akonadi-googledata (development version of
kdepim). I haven't tested the contacts side yet.

In this future weeks I'll try to set up a Kolab installation on my server and try syncing to it by using syncml on my phone (the
support on kdepim is already there AFAIK).

Regards