[kdepim-users] Re: Sync Kontact with mobile devices

Marc Deop damnshock at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 17:50:48 GMT 2011

On Sunday 06 February 2011 13:14:11 Ecaroh wrote:
> Raw files mean the whole VCF or ICS file with all kalendar or contact
> data, not only the fields of one todo or one contact. Remember, if you
> change different entries/values on both sides, the phone and the pc,
> you can not sync the whole VCF/ICS file. Moreover, different
> applications have different data fields. And some of them are missing
> on the other side. So the problem is to a) sync when both sides have
> changed and b) to take care of data which will ever only be on one side
> available. I attached one VTODO as explanation at the end of this email
> along with comments ( # ).

AFAIK we cannot touch files that are related to akonadi (as of today), so the
sync process is way much complicated. We either need to make akonadi able to
deal with changes on files or to make call to akonadi itself to do the
changes...

Anyway, is this a work for the akonadi guys? for the pim guys? Both?

Marc Deop