[kdepim-users] Re: Xorg lock with kmail

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 25 16:50:43 GMT 2011

On Thursday 24 February 2011 09:57:59 Darknight wrote:
> I've been experiencing xorg locks lately (only the mouse cursor moves) and
> found out that if I kill kmail from another console xorg is happy again and
> switching back to it and moving the mouse is sufficient to have a fully
> functional desktop.
>
> Gentoo here, the package versions are:
> kde 1.13.6 (kdepim 4.6 gentoo devs stopped updating kdepim until they think
> it's stable enough)
> kmail 4.4.10
> xorg-x11 7.4
> xorg-server 1.9.4
> nvidia-drivers 260.19.36
>
> Does someone have an insight on this?

This is horribly vague, but might give you some idea.  I had the same problem
a while ago after an update (Fedora).  I *think* I took the problem to the
#fedora-kde IRC channel - anyway, the upshot, as I recall, was that Rex
rebuilt one package (presumably the kmail one) against a different, earlier,
library version.  It might be worth your while asking him (rdieter) if he
recalls this, so that he can give you a pointer.

Anne