[kdepim-users] Conflict Notifiation: How do I get rid of this and it's accompaying "functionality"

John Wilson john_wilson at telus.net
Tue Dec 13 04:52:21 GMT 2011

This'll be my first of what I think will be many messages about KMail 2.  And
KAB, if this is the right place for that.

Most of the KMail problems I'm encoutering is with the Message window, how
it's orgranized and the loss of what was vital functionality for me.

For now though it's the spam filter set up with spamassassin under the Mandriva
2012.  Every now and then a window pops up complaining about a conflict in
classification.  I'm not sure quite where the conflict comes from but for now
that's not important.

The dialog box pops up, demands immediate attention then, as often as not
vanishes into thin air.  Even when I do get a chance to look at what it's
complaining about it's too small and too filled with nearly useless information
until I can see just who the email is from.  (Or allegedly from.)

As I subscribe to a large number of mailing lists and other similar entities
this thing pops up all the time.  It also seems that it doesn't matter how
many times I tell it to take the right window, I assume given the markup that
that's the 'pass as ham" window because it lacks the SA additions I click that
and things work fine.  UNLESS:

If I leave it for 60 seconds or longer I click, it appears to do nothing and
crashes KMail.  This isn't amusing as I may have left it that long because I
was busy working on something else and SA's problems in the learning phase are
frequent and often and usually overcome by reconfiguring it to be less
agreesive, adding whitelists and all that stuff.

The other issue with the dialog box is that all mail processing appears to
stop entirely inclduing scheduled downloads of mail from my mail servers.

Other than taking out the spam filter altogether just how do I turn this
damned, useless, pointless dialog off?????

I get somewhere like 100 emails an hour, the busiest time is overnight and I'm
sleeping so I can't give it the attention it so deeply seems to need.  It
crashes KMail every morning then the mail that stacked up overnight is
imported, more dialogs appear and I get more and more frustrated.

Incidentally the settings for SpamAssassin are far too agreesive when even a
confirmation email from wikipedia is classified as spam with a score of 22.
That simply shouldn't happen.  It's caused me lost emails, damaged a couple of
relationships and simply provided stress levels I don't usually get with any
other email client this side of Outlook.

1)  How do I get rid, once and for all of this dialog?
2) If it's part of the AS configuration file, just where did KMail put it
because I can't find it in any of its past locations?
3) Is my only option do dump filtering for spam completely?

Sorry for being snippy but this is the wrost part of KMail2 so far, after the
fairly minor, in comparison, things I hate about the Message window and how
that works (actually doesn't work!) ;-)

KMail was, at least for me, the best, most efficent, fastest and easiest to
configure mail programs I've used in years.  Now it's a slow lumbering beast
that can't sort emails properly, has these silly yesterday,today, and all bars
that I neither need or want (pretty as they are).

I'm loathe to give it up but unless it's fixable it's toast.

So let's try to fix it starting with this annoying dialog box.

Thanks again.

ttfn

John

(Another Wilson , fer ya Anne!)