[kdepim-users] Problems with filters (AGAIN!)

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Dec 23 18:52:08 GMT 2011

Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2011, 13:38:25 schrieb John Aldrich:
> On Fri December 23 2011 1:36:17 PM John Aldrich wrote:
> > I just opened up my KMail after closing it and killing all the related
> > processes due to severe sluggishness and now all my filters are gone. To
> > make matters worse, when I attempt to re-import them like I have been
> > doing, KMail (2) says it "could not start process. Unable to create
> > IO-ave: KLauncher said error loading 'kio_file"
> > WTF??? How do I fix this? I WANT MY FILTERS BACK! I just installed some
> > updates from Fedora due to the sluggishness, and those updates seem to
> > fix the severe sluggishness, but now I can't import my filters again?
> > I'm on KMail 4.7.4 on KDE 4.7.4.
> > I would REALLY appreciate it if someone would tell me how to fix this!
> > Thanks!!!
>
> Disregard, please. I restarted my system and it's now allowing me to import.
> I wish KMail would stabilize for awhile! :( The near-constant glitches are
> driving me batty! :(

Hi John

If you relay on your email why don't you use an imap server with server side
filtering? With this the client does not mater. Its only job is to display the
mails.

I use cyrus mail server with build in sieve filter. You can use courier as
well with either procmail or couriers maildrop filter. And a third option is
dovecot with build-in sieve filter.

Even if you are the only one using mails it is worth the installation effort.
You can access your mail from any device you want as long as your mailserver
is running.

During the time kmail2 was not that stable and usable I managed my mails with
thunderbird (which I use under windows anyway).

Just my thought.

Martin