[kdepim-users] kmail and the folders

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Dec 31 17:08:56 GMT 2011

Hallo

I recently moved from one 32 bit system to my new 64 bit system. As I use a
centralised home system Installation was not that complicated, but kmail made
a mess out of my folder configuration (all in one single online imap server).

So I took the chance and a look into kmail2rc file. There are many folder
based configurations like:

[Folder-22]
ExpireAction=Delete
ExpireMessages=false
ExpireToFolder=
HideInSelectionDialog=false
IgnoreNewMail=false
MailingListArchiveAddress=
MailingListEnabled=false
MailingListFeatures=0
MailingListHandler=0
MailingListHelpAddress=
MailingListId=
MailingListOwnerAddress=
MailingListPostingAddress=
MailingListSubscribeAddress=
MailingListUnsubscribeAddress=
PutRepliesInSameFolder=false
ReadExpireAge=3
ReadExpireUnits=3
UnreadExpireAge=12
UnreadExpireUnits=0
UseDefaultIdentity=true
htmlLoadExternalOverride=false
htmlMailOverride=false

But what is missing: which folder does this configuration belong to? Wher do I
get the folder name from this configuration belongs to?

Anyway, now the configuration for my previous digikam-user mailinglist folder
(was Folder-99) now belongs to my kde announcement folder.

Last time I had such a mess I lost mails due to wrongly assign a mailing list
folder with expiration set to my sent folder.

Isn't this a little bit risky to assign completely unrelated configuration to
folders they don't belong to? I have to check if there are mails missing in
all my sub folders.

Regards
Martin