[kdepim-users] How to "merge" two calendars into one aimed at syncing with Google calendar.

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:13:30 GMT 2011

Hello everybody

Be so kind to take a look at this screen shot:
http://viaconsensus.nl/calendars.pdf
Pls. focus at the list of "calendars": left down under at the first page, in
more detail at the 2nd page.
Now, there are 3 "calendars":
The "Birth days".
The "Local standard calendar"
The "Personal calendar" inside "Akonadi Resource".
Whenever trying to sync the calendars with those inside GMAIL, I use the
package "akonadi resource google data" in combination with Kontact.
Synchronising works fine for the "Birth days". The same applies for the
"Personal calendar" inside "Akonadi Resource.
But synchronising does not at all work for the "Local Standard calendar".
That's why I am wondering how I could somehow:
"merge" both calendars without loosing data;
set the one calendar which will come out of the merger, as standard;
set that merged calendar as well as "Akonadi Resource" - in order to enable it
to synchronise with Google Calendar.
I really prefer to work with 2 calendars only: the "birth days" and one single
standard calendar aimed at syncing all the time with Google calendar. Briefly
summarised, my question is: how can I get together two calendars into one with
a view to syncing with Google Calendar.
To help you answering this question, I provide you with a bit of basic info. I
work at present with Kubuntu 11.04 along with KMAIL 1.13.6 and Kontact 4.4.16.
Before upgrading the whole configuration to Kubuntu 11.10, I want to:
merge both calendars and backup the one which will come out after the merger;
backup mails and especially some settings from KMAIL.
Thanks for replying, respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

--
====
Bas G. Roufs MA