[kdepim-users] Frequent coruptions of data base. Any remedies?

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Dec 27 13:53:43 GMT 2011

Am Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2011 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Personally I would replace Reiser with Ext4 or XFS, but then ReiserFS 3
> as  well as Reiser 4 should implement write barrier / cache flushes
> just well. Do you use ReiserFS3 or Reiser 4? I think with Reiser 4 it
> would be safe to say that you use an experimental filesystem and
> decline any consistency guarantees of applications. Like with BTRFS as
> well. Or then at least say: "Go check your filesystem *first*!"

On a laptop in the meanwhile I tend to Ext4. Due to its robust block based
journal and its additional work-arounds to make delayed allocation stable
in case of crashes and data losses.

XFS favors absence of power losses. It will come up consistently, but it
might loose more data.

That are at least my experiences. Although I didnĀ“t try XFS with recent
kernels I think for example that the rename case for delayed allocation is
still not covered like in Ext4.