[kdepim-users] Problems with filters (AGAIN!)

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sat Dec 24 13:41:42 GMT 2011

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 12/24/2011 08:18 AM, O. Sinclair wrote:
> I have to ask - why?
>
> I only use pop3 accounts, I keep/save what I consider important in
>  KMail(2) - I see no need to locally cache mail (as I understand
> it) and then fetch it?

I too POP3.  I've considered IMAP but the MUA independence isn't worth
the additional layer of abstraction for me.

Recently, I switched from `kmail' (tried `kmail2' but found it didn't
fit my needs) to `Thunderbird'

While another person and I switched at nearly the same time, her
transition was relatively quick because of the abstraction layer.  I
had to write a wee conversion script as well.

How often do people switch MUA?  IMO, not frequently ...

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)