[kdepim-users] Problems with filters (AGAIN!)

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Dec 24 14:00:52 GMT 2011

Am Samstag, 24. Dezember 2011, 08:45:44 schrieb Pablo Sanchez:
> [ Comments below, in-line ]
>
> On 12/24/2011 08:40 AM, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > If it is only extra chain then it is OK. But as soon as you want or
> > have to access your mails from several places there is no way
> > around in using imap server (either your own or the one from your
> > provider).
>
> Hey Martin,
>
> For the record, I'm not saying one method is better than another.  I
> believe in choice so hey, whatever works for people.  :)

I don't say it either. I am happy with my solution an can not imagine to work
without it. But this does not mean it is the only true solution.

> I have two machines:  a desktop and a laptop for business travel.
> Most of my work is done on my desktop.  When I travel, I `rsync' my
> laptop (brings ~/.thunderbird along) and I'm able to use my laptop.
> Upon my return, I `rsync' again and continue using my desktop.

I do similar things. As I use more than one computer on a regular basis (as do
my family members) I first used nfs base home drives. But this really sucks
with laptops and wireless. So at logon I sync my home profile from the server
to the client and at logoff I sync the other way around (Unix homes only -
windows is able to do this by its own).

And I use different MUAs every day, depending on what kind of access I have.

Martin