[kdepim-users] On going struggle to import KMail distribution list from KDE 3.5 or create new one (now using KDE 4.6)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:48:12 BST 2011

On Wednesday, August 10, 2011 upscope wrote:
> This is a problem I've encounter in the Akonadi environment since it was
> first used by kmail. They was I create a group is In Contacts. First I
> imported all my contact from the old kmail, then created a group as as
> described above. When I display the group all names an contacts exit but
> going to kmail 1.13.7 Al I get is the group name and blank cards. Once
> in a while a group will show up but if I added a contact to the group it
> is a blank card under kmail.

FWIW, I have just checked the test list that I set up yesterday using the
instructions in this thread.  The addresses are still there.

I have talked to some of the devs this week and it is clear that not only do
the problems not happen on their systems, but they are totally unable to
discover why some people have these problems.  One possible explanation is the
/home directories are sometimes re-used over a very long period of time, and
something in an old config file could be interfering, but they are not
convinced that that is the reason.  There just doesn't seem to be any sort of
a pattern.

Some people have no problems.
Some people have one problem
Some people have a different one