[kdepim-users] kmail hangs after startup

Andreas Hencke andreas.hencke at hotmail.de
Thu Aug 25 21:46:47 BST 2011

Hi folks,

I'm using Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhale with KDE 4.7.0 and Kmail 1.13.6.

The problem is, after the start kmail hangs it takes several minutes until

kmail has downloaded the mails from the pop servers (I have several e-mail

accounts). Especially from the POP3 (Hotmail) Server I get an error report

like this (I translate it from German into English, hope I'll do it
correct):

"error with communication with the pop3 server by downloading of the
E-Mails

The server has aborted the connection."

During kmail is trying to get the mails Kmail, I use it within Kontact, and

kontact are freezing. I can't do anything no change to kjots, calendar
or any

else pograms of kontact.

After the first download of the mails kmail and kontact are running well
until

the next search for mails, but this freezes takes only a few seconds.

Before I have to change to thunderbird, is there anybody out there who con

give me some advice?

Kind regards

Andreas

Edit: I must send this mail via TB, cause I can't send the mail via
kmail, I'm requested to install a MTA for Sendmail!?

Why, when I use the smtp server of my mail account?