[kdepim-users] akonadi_nepomuk using 100% of ram

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:44:26 BST 2011

On Tue 02 August 2011 13:00:55 Darknight did opine thusly:
> On Tuesday 02 August 2011 12:06:36 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > It gets called at 2:30 AM with 'true' as argument and at 8 AM
> > with 'false' as argument. An ugly hack and any suggestions to
> > improve it are welcome :-)
> Not bad but unfortunately I'm on a laptop that I don't leave always
> on, I have to work with it when it is so I think I'll leave nepomuk
> off until the devs find a way to limit its memory consumption.

I have nepomuk set to use 256M on a 4G laptop and it eventually does
settle down to a sane usage. When I boot the machine up, virtuoso goes
wild for 5 or 10 minutes until (apparently) it figures out that all
data is synced. Suspending doesn't do this.

It works best if you suspend/hibernate routinely and seldom reboot.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com