[kdepim-users] akonadi_nepomuk using 100% of ram

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Tue Aug 2 13:28:22 BST 2011

On Tuesday 02 August 2011 13:44:26 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> I have nepomuk set to use 256M on a 4G laptop and it eventually does
> settle down to a sane usage. When I boot the machine up, virtuoso goes
> wild for 5 or 10 minutes until (apparently) it figures out that all
> data is synced. Suspending doesn't do this.
>
> It works best if you suspend/hibernate routinely and seldom reboot.

I have it set at 50, but it's not the virtuoso processes that go wild, it's
the akonadi nepomuk mail feeder, which is another process that obviously
ignores that setting. When it "settled" like you said it was eating 30% of my
4G ram.
If it happened just once it would be "ok" but one hour through after it had
the first spike it had a second, worse, one. It was so bad and long lasting
that I almost pulled the power cord. :/