[kdepim-users] duplicated messages

Ameretat Reith ameretat.reith at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:02:25 BST 2011

On Se shanbe 11 Mordad 1390 15:20:51 Dominik Cermak wrote:
> Am Montag, 1. August 2011, 00:54:51 schrieb Ameretat Reith:
> [...]
>
> > I made new Akonadi agent `KMail Maildir' and moved `Local Folders' agent
> > mail archives to it. deleted old `Local Folders' and reconfigured my
> > accounts and problem solved. seems i was using Kmail and Local agents
> > for
> > two different things. now i have a bit problem in my imap accounts. old
> > one exists but i deleted it's agent... anyway it's another problem ;)
> > If you get any error about type of mails while downloading them, maybe
> > my solutions works for you too.
>
> KMail Maildir creates a mixed maildir but currently my 'Local Folders' is
> maildir. Why should I change it? I don't have mbox files in there.

I see several times an alert related to `Unsupported Type' or similar thing
while downloading mails. but unfortunately after a reboot, problem again
appeared. it solved type error but it's not related to duplicate messages.
sorry.
> Anyway some more information:
> I looked in Akonadi Console and there are two identical items representing
> the duplicated mail, the only difference is the Id as far as I can tell.
> Selecting one of them and using 'Delete Item' from context menu deletes
> both.
>
> Additionally I can confirm that this only happens with mails which were
> filtered.

I could overcome to this problem in another way. in `configure filter' and
`Advanced' tab, unselected `Maildir' and `KMail Maildir'. so i defined filter
JUST for my POP3 account. This filter does NOT applied automatically to new
messages, but it's acceptable for me to select new mails in inbox and apply
all filters for them. duplicate messages is not exist after that.

> It gets worse. Today I noticed a mail (from a mailinglist) which was a reply
> to (quoted) a message I didn't received. After logging in using the
> webfrontend and looking into the inbox it was there. I told the
> pop3_ressource to synchronize but this mail doesn't show up locally.
>
> I should report a bug about this, but I think this isn't enough useful
> information. Is there some logfile or so which would be useful?
>
> Greetings,
> Dominik
Amir Ghassemi Nasr (Reith)
GPG ID: 371035B4 (http://46.4.214.112/~reith/reith.asc)
GPG Fingerprint: 18E6 CF11 BE80 F541 DC68  B6AF 9373 DE72 3710 35B4