[kdepim-users] Kmail1 to Kmail2 folder import

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:33:54 BST 2011

On 17/08/2011 14:21, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2011-08-17, O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> You see here is where it sort of goes wrong in the logic for me. I am
>> not saying my thinking is right/better/correct, just not the one applied
>> by KMail2.
>> As I would have thought to do it my existing Local Folders in KMail1
>> stays where they are,
>
> They do
>
>> KMail2 migrator creates a "maildir resource" (or
>> mixed if necessary, not in my case) and points it to existing Local
>> Folders.
>
> It does
>
>> The already existing "outbox", ""sent-mail", "wastebin" et al
>> stay where they are already
>
> They do
>
>> and is used by KMail "akonadi transport" and
>> whatever might need it.
>
> Exactly.
> Quoting from my previous mail ("it" being the migrator):
> "If it can it registers the respective folders of KMail Folders for mail
> dispatchers use cases and removes the Local Folders one."

In which case I rest my case and take it that something went belly up
during migration so I ended up with both "KMail Folders" and "Local
Folders" for unknown reason.

Due to other headaches (mainly the frequent freeze due to "conflicts" on
some incoming emails) I gave up and went back to KMail1. Hope next
upgrade "the real thing" will go smoother.