[kdepim-users] missing mails (was duplicated messages)

Dominik Cermak d.cermak at arcor.de
Wed Aug 3 11:54:17 BST 2011

Am Dienstag, 2. August 2011, 20:48:11 schrieb Dominik Cermak:
> Am Dienstag, 2. August 2011, 20:32:25 schrieb Ameretat Reith:
> [...]
>
> > I could overcome to this problem in another way. in `configure filter'
> > and `Advanced' tab, unselected `Maildir' and `KMail Maildir'. so i
> > defined filter JUST for my POP3 account. This filter does NOT applied
> > automatically to new messages, but it's acceptable for me to select new
> > mails in inbox and apply all filters for them. duplicate messages is
> > not exist after that.
> [...]
>
> I tried this one, but I only applied the filters on 'Local Folders'. So far
> no duplicated mails and they were filtered automatically.
> Time will show if that was the real problem.
>
> In the meantime more mails weren't downloaded from my ISP and something new:
> a frequent error message from Akonadi-Ressource saying: Socket operation
> timed out.
> (full message, buts it in german: 'Anmeldung beim Server „pop3.arcor.de“
> nicht möglich.
> Keine Verbindung zu Rechner pop3.arcor.de: Socket operation timed out.')
>
> I have the feeling that something is terrible broken here, just don't know
> what.

Another update:
Seems like the 'Socket operation timed out.' error was caused by server
problems (probably overloaded). Today it hasn't shown up.

So the only thing left is that I don't get all of my mails and some I get with
a delay.
Example: Today I got two mails which I received yesterday in the evening.
Although Kontact was started and downloaded other mails those weren't noticed
until today in the morning.

Cheers,
Dominik