[kdepim-users] Re: [opensuse] Kmail preview pane

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Apr 2 22:28:38 BST 2011

On Saturday 02 April 2011, Stan Goodman wrote:
> I am using this laptop for mail for the first time since installing
> 11.4. In Configure Kmail > Appearance, I have checked "Show message
> preview pane beneath message,

Hmm. There is a "list" missing after message. The option reads "Show the
message preview pane below the message list".

> but it doesn't show anywhere.
>
> Checking "Show message preview pane at the side" causes the Message
> listpane to expand and  replace the Message pane completely, and a
> new pane to open at the right, in which the  MESSAGE is displayed.
> The preview information still appears nowhere.

Either you misunderstand the option or I misunderstand your message. You
write "a new pane to open at the right, in which the  MESSAGE is
displayed". This pane is the preview pane. What do you expect the
preview pane to be? Are you looking for the old "message structure
pane"?

> In other words, there is no way that I can see a preview,

What kind of preview do you expect? Would it be better if the "preview
pane" would be called "message pane"?

> and no way
> that I can view any HTML attachment, which I sometimes need to do.
> How to make a more rational layout?

I don't understand what you want to achieve. What kind of HTML
attachment do you want to view? All attachments should be listed. If you
want to show an HTML message as HTML then you need to enable "Prefer
HTML to Plain Text" for the folder temporarily.