[kdepim-users] Re: Akonadi + nfs home directories

Myrosia Dzikovska myrosia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:53:25 BST 2011

> The sad thing is: Thunderbird (and also Firefox) nowadays are also
> incapable of dealing with network file systems. And let's wait how
> Evolution will develop under Gnome 3...

Could you elaborate on this? As far as I am aware, Thunderbird worked
just fine for all of us on NFS, and equally fine when we switched to
AFS. Firefox, too. It's only kdepim/akonadi that I ever had trouble
with. Which is why Thunderbird is the client of choice in our
environment. So I am quite surprised at this comment. Are there some
specific features that don't work?

Myrosia