[kdepim-users] Using subkeys to sign messages with Kontact and GnuPG

Robert Simmons rsimmons0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:12:46 BST 2011

I have more than one subkey on my GnuPG keyring.  When I Click
Settings >> Configure KMail >> Identities >> [my identity] >> Modify
>> Cryptography >> Change

And try to change the signing key (or the encryption key for that
matter) the dialog that opens only shows the main keys available.
There are no subkeys shown and no obvious way to choose a subkey.  As
a workaround I just use the command line utilities.  Am I missing
something?

I have noticed the same problem with KGpg's embedded editor.  When you
use a key in KGpg it only displays the main key, none of the subkeys
are shown.

Thanks,
Rob