[kdepim-users] Re: Urgently help needed to get back "Kontact".

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:45:57 BST 2011

On Friday 01 April 2011 12:41:08 you wrote:
> Hey Anne
>
> This "IRC" channel idea sounds good - pls. explain a bit more about it,
> relevant links, etc.

Just install Konversation.  By default it will connect you to the freenode
server and, if I remember correctly, set you up with a 'nick' or username,
though you can add other names if you prefer them.  I'd never used an IRC
application before, and was amazed how easy it is to get online with
Konversation.  Then simply type

/join #kontact

and wait a few seconds for a list of users to appear in the right-hand panel.
After that, you can type your question.  Answers are not always immediate,
though.  If you don't get an answer in an hour or two, ask again, as some
people will have left and others joined.  IRC is extremely useful, especially
when you need help with troubleshooting, but you do need to be patient
sometimes.

> If I find out something useful with respect to the sync question, I am also
> willing to help to publish it at some userbase page of KDE, Kubuntu or
> Ubuntu.

Good - we'll do a UserBase page together when you get to that stage.

> I have to leave now soon, more details next week. Have a good weekend!

You too.

Anne