[kdepim-users] Kmail (kde4) and Right-to-Left languages

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Mon Oct 25 16:00:20 BST 2010

I find that writing or answering a message in Hebrew produces an ungainly
mess, with the lines all aligned with the left margin. I do not find a
setting to change this, there is nothing related to bidi, nor is there a
way to set left alignment. The same problem would arise in Arabic.

To be clear, the order of the characters, from right to left, is correct,
so one can read the line correctly. The problem is only where the straight
margin is.

Equally disconcerting. and probably related to the above, is the fact that
the final punctuation mark of a paragraph is displayed at the right end of
the line (where it doesn't belong), not the left (where it does). The only
apparent solution is to leave the end of the paragraph unpunctuated.

Am I missing something? Or are these effects bugs that the team knows
about and will correct?
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on