[kdepim-users] Re: Kmail (kde4) and Right-to-Left languages

Dj YB syehielb at technion.ac.il
Mon Oct 25 19:14:43 BST 2010

On Monday October 25 2010 17:00:20 Stan Goodman wrote:
> I find that writing or answering a message in Hebrew produces an ungainly
> mess, with the lines all aligned with the left margin. I do not find a
> setting to change this, there is nothing related to bidi, nor is there a
> way to set left alignment. The same problem would arise in Arabic.
>
> To be clear, the order of the characters, from right to left, is correct,
> so one can read the line correctly. The problem is only where the straight
> margin is.
>
> Equally disconcerting. and probably related to the above, is the fact that
> the final punctuation mark of a paragraph is displayed at the right end of
> the line (where it doesn't belong), not the left (where it does). The only
> apparent solution is to leave the end of the paragraph unpunctuated.
>
> Am I missing something? Or are these effects bugs that the team knows
> about and will correct?

The problem is only in the composer,
when viewing  a message there is no problem, the alignment is correct.
you write normally and the receiver should see it as you expect it.
(the next line should appear aligned to the right)
דוגמא לטקסט בעברית

(can plain text contain any direction directives?)

Regards,
YB.