[kdepim-users] Re: KMail use 25% cpu

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 12:33:29 GMT 2010

On Saturday 30 October 2010 05:35:59 O. Sinclair wrote:
> On Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE 4.5.2 (noticed problem in KDE 4.5.1 though),
> KMail version 1.13.5
>
> When I fetch mail (pop3 accounts only) KMail use around 25% of CPU,
> especially if one or more account(s) get stuck at "preparing
> transmission..." that happens ever so often where I reside.
>
> Is this a known problem, I can not recall having seen it on earlier
> version of Kubuntu/KDE?

Relatedly, I'm suddenly seeing very slow running in KMail/Kontact.
Specifically, on startup when it downloads my e-mail from 1 POP3 and 1 IMAP
accounts, it's essentially semi-functional for as long as half an hour while
applying the filters. It typically burns about 20-25% CPU, and seems to really
hammer the disk. It's not hitting the swap - we'd be looking at having well
over a GB of RAM spare.

--
The only thing worse than e-mail disclaimers...is people who send e-mail to
lists complaining about them