[kdepim-users] Kmail retriving from procmail

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Wed Nov 10 19:31:22 GMT 2010

I have been using Kmail in the conventional way, i.e. retrieving mail from
the three remote servers through the 'Net.

Now I wish instead for fetchmail to do that, and to feed its output to
procmail, which will perform some filtering operations before making its
output available to Kmail

The way procmail does this is to deposit its mail into file(s) in a
dedicated directory in the user's home directory tree, and this is where
kmail should come to pick it up. My question is about how to configure
Kmail to do that, rather than to retrieve mail as it does now, directly
from remote server(s), whether configuring from the Account Settings of
Kmail, or from manipulating some configuration file of Kmail.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on