[kdepim-users] Kmail distribution lists

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Thu May 13 18:45:01 BST 2010

On Thursday, May 13, 2010 07:54:08 am Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2010, upscope wrote:
> > Is there any time frame for having distribution lists working?
> > I have to publish a news letter starting around May 20th. The
> > main distribution goes to approx 75 people. Presently my
> > Personal Contacts are in 6 sub address folders. when I go to
> > select in Kmail all the contacts are listed under Personal
> > Contacts not in the subaddress book folders.
> >
> > How can I transfer the sub address books to Kmail?  neopmuk is
> > running. akonadi-neopmuk_contact_feeder is running.
> >
> > Is there a work around for the known problem with distribution
> > lists?
> >
> > openSUSE 11.2
> > KDE 4.4.3
> > kmail-4.4.3-210.9.x86_64
>
> Hmm. Distribution lists are supposed to be working in KDE SC
> 4.4.3. The problem has been fixed two weeks ago.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo
Just tested, an it works. I had to open a new message. Add the
members to the to line and then save the list. Then I opened the
list from select (new message again). Select distribution list and
then send it. sent fine no errors and no return as unsendable
because of wrong domain name being added.

Now I have two more questions in relation to this. Is there a
distribution list editor  or do I need to create them as above? How
do i delete the distribution list other than go into contacts and
delete it?

Thanks for your help.