[kdepim-users] It shouldn't be this hard

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed May 19 12:20:42 BST 2010

Yesterday, I upgraded my KDE from 4,4,2 to 4.4.3. and again, nepomuk/akonadi
broke.  I fixed it -- once again -- with my tried and true methods of removing
the akonadi directories under ~/.config and ~/.kde/config.

I haven't had an upgrade involving akonadi that didn't break it.

But it shouldn't be this hard.  I'm a fairly technical user, and I find the
instability of this technology troublesome.  This isn't 4.0 anymore, We are up
to 4.4, and the underlying KDE technologies are still unreliable.  I would no
longer ever recommend KDE to a non-technical user.

While I still prefer the KDE apps, like kmail, konqueror, k3b, etc., the KDE
framework is far less stable than even Windows 98.

This is meant as a plea more than a complaint.  Please...

--
Art Alexion