[kdepim-users] akonadi vcarddir resource won't delete

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun May 30 19:56:52 BST 2010

On Sunday 30 May 2010 19:14:31 Dj YB wrote:
> On Sunday May 30 2010 20:42:42 you wrote:

> > > marked as default where?
> > >
> > > under "Akonadi Configuration" -> "Akonadi resources configuration" I
> > > got "Local Folders" marked as "Ready" and "Personal Contacts" marked
> > > as "Ready".
> >
> > That sounds right - for those that haven't done it already, the
> > information is at
> > http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook_4.4#Enabling_Resources
> >
> > > under "KDE resources" -> "Contacts" I got "akonadi-resource" set as
> > > standard, when going to "Edit" this resource there is a list "Personal
> > > Contacts" (set as default for "Contacts" and "Distribution Lists") and
> > > "akonadi_vcarddir_resource_0" going to Manage Address Book Sources only
> > > one item appear in the list, "Personal Contacts" set as "Ready".
> >
> > A screenshot of that might help.  Is the vcarddir_resource checked?  I
> > would think that needs to be unchecked before it could be removed.  Do
> > remember that all this is guesswork.  I've gathered quite a lot of
> > information from the developers, but it doesn't cover every possible
> > question :-)  so I'm just trying to help as best I can.
> >
> > Your mention of "set as default for .... "Distribution Lists" confuses
> > me. Where do you see that?
> >
> > To be honest, I'd really like to see a set of screenshots on imagebin or
> > the like, so that I can better understand your setup.
> >
> > Anne
>
> thanks for the support, perhaps we got different setups...
> so here are all the steps.
>
> http://imagebin.ca/view/Au4UdTu1.html
> http://imagebin.ca/view/GYgjhf.html
===============================

This one is the one I was thinking of.  I'll leave the others here, though, in
case someone else spots something I missed.

> http://imagebin.ca/view/RA2Ogjq.html
> http://imagebin.ca/view/prnDD-S.html
> http://imagebin.ca/view/jbWhCuGL.html
> http://imagebin.ca/view/l7lwOxN.html

I've no idea, I'm afraid.  Mine is attached - as you see I have two resources
configured.  This is where I was expecting you to be able to delete it - and
where I was asking if the second one was checked.  Since it doesn't even
appear here I'll have to hope that Ingo can work out what's happening.  Sorry

Anne

--
KDE Community Working Group