[kdepim-users] Akonadi server will not start.

Russ Fineman upscope at nwi.net
Fri May 7 05:58:54 BST 2010

OpenSUSE 11.2 latest release with kernel 2.6.31.12-18-desktop

KDE 4.4.2

akonadi-runtime-debuginfo-1.3.1-52.1.x86_64
libakonadi4-4.4.2-145.18.x86_64
libakonadiprotocolinternals1-1.3.1-52.1.x86_64
libakonadiprotocolinternals-devel-1.3.1-52.1.x86_64
libakonadi4-debuginfo-4.4.2-145.18.x86_64
akonadi-googledata-debuginfo-1.0.1-2.7.x86_64
akonadi-googledata-1.0.1-2.7.x86_64
akonadi-runtime-1.3.1-52.1.x86_64

kmail-4.4.2-209.19.x86_64

korganizer-4.4.2-209.19.x86_64

Yesterday i was able to start nepomuk and update kmail contacts to
display my personal address book which has 5 sub addressbooks. Akonadi
was start but getting MySQL errors. I finak got rid of them by
uncommenting a line in
mysql-Local.conf:

sql_mode=strict_trans_tables,strict_all_tables,strict_error_for_division_by_zero,no_auto_create_user,
  no_auto_value_on_zero,no_engine_substitution,
no_zero_date,no_zero_in_date,only_full_group_by,pipes_as_concat

This got rid of some of the mysql errors. Still cannot use mysql
correctly but things were working. Today when I booted my system, I got
a pop-up that said akonadi server could not start, Attached is the
result when I save the log from the popup.

First error now is akonadi is not register at  d-bus. first failed test
is #9 (See attachment.

I found MySQL Socket missing in .~/local/share/akonadi/db_misc. Copied
from my last backup. Still get same errors

How do I get connected to the d-bus. Will file a bug if I can verify it
was not something I did.

I tried all the step KDE User Base Wiki (Akonadi 4.4 troubleshooting.

I originally post earlier on the developer mailing list but advised to
post here in future.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks