[kdepim-users] Minor but annoying Akonadi woe

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sun May 2 14:07:54 BST 2010

Hi

Yesterday I upgraded to Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and most of the problems I've
had with Akonadi and Nepomuk vanished into thin air. Nice :-)

My minor problem is that the installation process migrated some of my old
Akonadi Contact resources that I cannot get rid of and this leads to the
Calendar showing the birthdays 3 times.
Finally the Google Data resource seems to be working after a little tweaking
of the cache setting so I want to get rid of the other Contact resources.
I've attached 4 screenies that I hope are small enough for the list.
As you can see Kontact shows 3 resources:

 - Akonadi Address Book which is a folder based Akonadi resource.
 - GMail/My Contacts which is (was) a resource using Contacts on an IMAP
server (GMail).
 - akonadi_googledata_resource_0 which I want to keep.

I cannot delete the other resources from Kontact.
When I select Contact resources in System Settings I only see "akonadi
resource".
When I choose to edit that resource I see all 3 resources but I have no way of
deleting them.
When I select "Manage Address Book sources" I only see the
akonadi_googledata_resource_0 resource.

How can I get rid of the other resources?

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen