[kdepim-users] Error Mail dispatcher Agent

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Mar 28 17:53:36 BST 2010

Am Sonntag, 28. März 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 28 March 2010 10:41:49 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > OK
> >
> > Finally I got it fixed. It was the "local folder" resource which
> > made the error. As I don't know for which service I need it, I
> > removed it and know akonadi works without an error message.
>
> It's not needed for now.  You'll probably need it later.  What you
> saw is almost certainly another maniestation of
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_4.4/Troubleshooting#Folder_not_foun
> d:_.22.2FLocal.22

So my akonadi works without an error, the local folder is back in my
akonadi resource list. But the path it points to is empty. Next I went
on like suggested in your link. Not at next kmail/kontact startup, but
at next login the local folder is back again and it points to the same
folder as in the days I had the error. After my next reboot it is
empty again.

After a little thoughts about it and some searches in my kmail
configuration I tested ~/Mail as the path, an there were no error at
login and the path remain the same. So maybe the path set up in this
resource must match the one I use in my kmail local folder?

> > To sum up my experiences: The error Messages are mostly
> > misleading. The documentation which akonadi module is used for
> > which scenario is ... lets say improvable.
> :
> :-)  Please help us to improve it.

As we are on it: What is the goal of the ~/.local/share/contact folder
of my personal contacts if I already have a contact resource?

> :
> > All in all I like the approach of akonadi but I whish they chose
> > an other database than MySQL, but that seems to be in the queue.
>
> There are pros and cons for every possible solution, I understand.
>
> Anne

Martin