[kdepim-users] How to disable Akonadi?

Daniel Richard dan.richard at opampim.com
Thu Mar 18 16:32:10 GMT 2010

On Thursday 18 March 2010 05:52:37 am Darknight wrote:
> 2010-03-18 14:49:54 Thomas Taylor
>
> > How can I disable Akonadi from starting when kmail starts?  Every time
> > kmail starts, Akonadi displays an error message about failing self-test.
> >   I can save the message (see attached) but when I click on the messages
> > close button, it crashes kmail.
>
> I had the same problem, in my case it was mysql 5.1, with 5.0 it works.

Same sort of issues here.  When I first installed Mandriva 2010 with KDE, it
started the Akondi and gave me the errors mentioned about failing mysql5.1.  I
am using Kontact for mail and most of it seems to be working OK, but there are
times when I try to retrieve mail that it locks up (maybe unrelated).  I also
have not been able to set up the archiving in Kontact.